1. It gives an excellent first impression. The first impression is always the most lasting impression! In the digital and online realm, you have only seconds to grab the attention of your target clients, and for the majority of your time, those seconds become the lasting impression of whether or not your company is truly professional. If you don't take yourself seriously- how can you expect your target client to?
2. It conveys your personality. What does your current headshot say about you? A good headshot gives people an idea of your personality before they even meet you. A smile portrays approachability, professional lighting highlights your natural features. A serious look can portray determination and fortitude. What do you want to convey to your perfect client?
3. It sets you apart from the crowd. Not only does a good headshot set you up as an automatic professional in your industry, it helps to enhance your skills and experience on social media sites such as LinkedIn.
4. It boosts your confidence and makes you feel good and look good. It's a good feeling knowing that you not only look good but ARE good at what you do! When you feel good about yourself- you're more likely to be more productive, and more likely to close that next big deal. A headshot is one of the best ways to give yourself a quick self-esteem boost.
5. It reminds people of what you look like now. Having an updated headshot can give your current network a reminder of what you look like, keep them up to date with your profile, and keep them engaged with you. Having you in mind at the top of their list of potential businesses to recommend is your goal!